Deer Point

Tough day on Deer Point lake this past Sunday. Front passed through the area around 8:30 and shut my fish down. Managed 4 keepers on top water and lots of small ones before it shut down. Wind picked up to a steady 15MPH from the Northwest and fishing became difficult with the blue bird skies. The winning fish came unbuttoned at the boat, it just wasn’t meant to be. Searched several new areas of the lake but couldn’t find any other fish willing to cooperate. The only positive, all the fish I managed to catch came on baits I either painted or poured myself. I believe the fish were having a tough time zeroing in on the clear bait I was using because the water became stained with the wind. I had several missed strikes. I’m attempting to remedy that problem in the future with a new pattern I painted up this afternoon. The first pic is one I used Sunday, the second the new baby bass pattern. If anyone is interested, I have these ploppers available. 90’s are $10 and 130’s for $12. These baits perform just as well as the original Plopper and are clear coated with 2 ton epoxy for durability. I can also painted most other paint schemes, any of the schemes posted in the classifieds or special request.

Spread the word. Share this post!

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *